Tuesday, June 08, 2010

I Sell The Dead

Now this is what I’m talkin’ about.

I SELL THE DEAD, made on a shoestring and using Staten Island as a stand-in for 18th-Century England, loves gothic horror, loves comedy, and loves movies.  Starring Dominic Monaghan and Larry Fessenden as grave robbers who specialize in the exotic, this movie offers wall-to-wall monsters, jokes, atmosphere and goodwill.  Add supporting work from genre favorites Angus Scrimm and Ron Perlman, and you have everything you could want in a horror comedy.

I SELL THE DEAD features vampires, zombies, villains wearing bowlers, knife-throwers, and at least one beheading.  Oh, and it also features joke after joke after joke, creating a sense of general delight and carrying it all the way through the film’s running time.

So if gothic horror-comedy is your idea of a good time (it’s certainly mine), see I SELL THE DEAD.  It’s a great time at the movies.

No comments: