Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tropic Thunder


I didn't so much as smile at any point in TROPIC THUNDER's run time. The whole enterprise felt like a labored, inside baseball comedy for the kind of people who laugh really hard at blooper reels. At no time did I feel like any of the characters were, on any level, actual people, and the child actor who played the villain was such a one-note performer that I found him to be quite distracting.

This film, a film that appeared to want to deflate vanities, felt like a vanity project. I don't ever need to see it again.

2 comments:

AW said...

Again, as our tastes diverge, I loved Tropic Thunder and have now seen it six times with the blu ray. I just think it's a fun movie that laughs at itself.

Anonymous said...

I agree - Tropic Thunder goes on my list of worst "big" movies of 2008.